STUFF 'N' THINGS

My ever-increasing obsession with art, imagery & inappropriate humour has led me to create this blog.
It is my sanctuary of visions which for one reason or another bring me happiness and a giggle

If one of your artworks or links appear on my blog and you don't feel flattered and wish for me to remove it, please just tell me.

ENJOY!!!

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Lilly Christine




Whenever she danced, Lilly Christine was able to enchant and entice audiences with her agile and lithe movements--all of which helped her the nickname "the Cat Girl."
She did her "stalking cat" act first on stages in New Orleans and then pounced her way to Broadway.
From the late 40's to the early 60's, Christine was one of the great burlesque headliners. It all goes to prove that a great gimmick can go a long way. Christine also cut a dramatic figure as a pin-up cover girl (some of which are included in the gallery).
She knew how to pose and knew how to make a pin-up shot jump off the page. Christine had all the traits that made her a classic blonde bombshell with the added touches that surrounded her with an exotic, athletic, and almost dangerous aura.

No comments: